Indirect Taxes (Sales Tax, Custom Duty, Federal Excise Duty)Over the past few years, sales tax has spread all over the economy, covering almost all sectors of business. Lack of knowledge on the part of tax administrators / taxpayers coupled with abrupt changes in law require the provision of timely and effective business advice to help organizations in planning and implementing the required compliance measures. Services are:
- Registration with the Sales Tax Web-Portal and E-Filling of monthly Sales Tax Returns with relevant Annexures and calculations.
- Facilitating Registration, De-registration and Refunds matters under the Sales Tax Act, 1990 and Provincial Sales Tax Ordinances, 2000.
- Assisting and consulting the clients over the legal matters in the light of Sales Tax Act, 1990 and Provincial Sales Tax Ordinances, 2000.
- Attending hearings regarding legal matters and planning for future compliance.
- Advising the clients over the legal implications of excisable services/activities taxed under the Sales Tax Act, 1990.
- Refunds matters like preparation of Refund files including RCPS, submission of files, follow up till sanction refund under the Section 10 of Sales Tax Act, 1990.
- Rebate Return Services as per the clause (c) of section 21 of the Customs Act, 1969 (IV of 1969).
- Handling cases involving interpretation of laws, policies & procedures and documentation with compliance.
- Supervision and finalization of assignments involving sales tax system evaluation of various corporate entities which includes preparation of audit reports and recommending suggestions for the loopholes in the control system.
- Formulating tax beneficial business strategies and VAT (Value Added Tax) planning.
- Handling show cause notices and representing the clients before the tax adjudicating authorities.
- Preparation and finalization of appeal before the Customs, Excise & Sales Tax Appellate Tribunal (CESTAT) and appearing before the CESTAT.
- Replying departmental audit observations on behalf of the clients.
- Dealing with the discrepancies related to CREST (Computerized Risk Based Evaluation of Sales Tax).
- Dealing with issues regarding status of the Taxpayers.
- Compliance with various regulatory provisions of tax laws is an area which is time consuming and cumbersome. In order to satisfy needs of our clients, the firm provides full range of services to suit any business enterprise, be it in the form of advice or compliance assistance, timely compliance must be done in all circumstances to ensure the integrity and consistency of the matters at different forums, otherwise it affects the productivity of the organization.
- Our services related to direct taxation include:
Assisting on Income Tax Planning of Clients. Advising & reviewing of all necessary tax withholding responsibilities. Instructing all financial subjects which are of your interest and keeping you updated on the new amendments, circulars, notifications & judgments. Verification of all payments to vendors for the purposes of determination of correct application of rates and category for deduction of withholding taxes. Computation of monthly withholding taxes under section 149 & 165 of the Income Tax ordinance 2001on the basis of above. Monthly tax reconciliation of the withholding taxes dues and deducted. Preparation and deposit of Monthly challans on or before the statutory due dates. Filing of quarterly Income Tax Returns. Filing annual Income Tax return.Obtaining exemptions, withholding tax certificates and advance rulings on behalf of clients.
Preparation and filing of tax returns. Advisory services on interpretational issues in the tax laws. Determination of income and chargeability of tax. Compliance services relating to corporate taxation including advance payment of tax. Illustrations before tax authorities and Federal Board of Revenue. Illustrations in appeals at different forums.
In order to minimize the risks of default and impact of higher incidence for the high net –worth individuals and to assist the organization in fulfilling their assumed responsibilities, the firm has developed a range of services, Which includes: Compliance services in respect of personal taxation including preparation and filing of tax returns. Advising and reviewing on advance tax matters.Restructuring of salary to make it tax effective. Management of tax records in Soft and Hard forms. Advisory services on minimizing tax exposure or increasing tax savings. Consulting to take actions in the legal ways. Tax planning for expatriates. Providing personal financial planning.